Looking for the rightdrug rehabs in Indiainvolves a lot of steps, whether you are seeking treatment for yourself or your loved one. You also have to stay away from the drug rehabs that follow unethical practices just for their profits. Due to this reason, a lot of patients also remain confused and end up with trust issues while lacking in effective treatment.
- Mental health is paramount when it comes to addiction recovery. A rehab center should be able to treat mental health disorders as well.
- Choose the right treatment approach that is best for you – inpatient, outpatient or residential.
- Don’t sign up for any rehab program before getting enough details to ensure that you are choosing the right one.
If you have made up your mind to choose the bestrehab centre in India, choose the one according to your own circumstances and needs. There are certain things you can bear in mind to choose the best treatment –
There are different types of rehab programs available according to the location, duration of treatment, and how structured and in-depth the program can be. Your primary care doctor may refer you to the best rehab in your city considering your addiction. You may choose from these care options for addiction recovery –
- Inpatient care – As the name suggests this program requires patients to get highly structured and intensive care for severe medical and addiction problems in a clinical setting.
- Outpatient care – As the name suggests, this program allows patients to stay at home and visit the facility regularly to attend sessions with specialists.
- Residential Care – In this type of program, patients can get highly structured and intensive care for various medical health problems in a non-hospital setting.
- Detox Rehab – This program helps patients dealing with initial withdrawal symptoms when they try to leave substance addiction.
After choosing the best care setting, it’s time to choose the best treatment according to your condition and narrow down your options. The staff at rehabilitation centres in India can provide all the information you need.
Therapies and Approach
Therehab centershouldn’t provide only one or two treatment options because they cannot fulfill the specific needs of their patients with personalized care. In fact, they should provide a huge range of treatment methods that work. They should have scientifically proven therapies that can be effective for your recovery. For example, if you also have mental health issues like anxiety, depression, etc. with addiction, you should choose a rehab center that takes care of those needs. Mental health disorders are very common in cases of addiction. So, it is important to treat both of these issues.
For better results, ask these questions to your potential rehab –
- What type of therapies can I get from your rehab?
- Do you have well-qualified staff for both addiction and mental health treatment?
- Do you provide personalized treatment to every patient?
- Do you provide medication as part of the program?
- What am I supposed to do while getting treatment?
- Do you provide family therapy during treatment?
Is their treatment effective?
You should know about the way programs track the recovery and progress of the patients to compare rehab programs. This way, you should ask these questions –
- How do you choose the right treatment for me?
- How can I know my progress?
- Can I get a report on my recovery status?
How do they deal with relapse?
Relapse happens most often in any medical condition. You shouldn’t worry about it because it’s a part of recovery. But one thing you should keep in mind is how they respond to the situation if it happens.
- What do they do if they see one of their participants start using alcohol or drugs again?
- Will they dismiss if you relapse?
- Are their specialists qualified enough to cure patients after relapse?
Know your rights and responsibilities
Know the expectations from you and your family before signing up for treatment. This way, you may ask
- Can I get the list of responsibilities and rights for patients in writing?
- What are the patient and family expectations in treatment?
- What am I supposed to do while getting care?
They should have a team specialized in various disciplines
You should choose the best quality inpatient treatment program which is backed by an intensive care team that specializes in various disciplines to address all aspects in body, mind and spiritual levels. They should provide a rehab program with professionals who work closely with patients to come up with the best and personalized treatment plan. They should also be licensed in their specific field. Usually, a multidisciplinary team includes –
- Substance abuse counselor
- Wellness expert
- Spiritual care counselor
They should provide the treatment programs based on evidence-based approaches that are scientifically proven, such as 12-step recovery, Medication-based therapies, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and other models.
Do they take care of mental health?
There are many drug or alcohol addicts who also have underlying mental health issues like depression, anxiety, dual diagnosis, etc. Drug rehab centers should have a holistic approach to treat prevalent mental health conditions.
It goes without saying that rehab centres should have a result-oriented approach. The definition of “success” may vary among rehabs. If they quote success rates, make sure the data source is legit and they use research-oriented methods.
All in all, you should look for therehabs in Delhiwhich are best suited for you. By considering the above pointers, you may hopefully choose the one which is right for you or your family member.