When you orchestrate the perfect event, you need something beyond functional; something that embodies the attendee experience and also acts as a memento when the show is over. You need a custom badge reel.
Things to consider before buying a badge
Ten things to consider before purchasing a new law enforcement badge are as follows:
- Budget- Before jumping into designing a badge you must define your budget- the amount you want to spend. There are certain features and add on provided by the manufacturer that add to additional cost to the badge. There are certain levels of customization. The most economical among them is the catalogue badge. This badge can further be customised with a certain centre seal. A semi-custom badge on the other hand is the mid-tier badge that could have a custom applied panel created. Then there comes the unique custom and shape design that requires a new steel die that has a onetime cost.
- Time frame- Most of the reputed manufacturers mend the custom badges by hand. Therefore, it is extremely vital to understand the exact time frame as to when you will need your badge in hand. A custom badge can take around 8-12 weeks from the receipt of a purchase order. This includes the approval and production of your new custom mold, a sample of the preproduction and then the production of the fuller order. Considering the time factor is an extremely crucial thing to do as it takes time to work through the designs and also achieve the consensus on the look of your badge before you can even place an order.
- Functionality and uses- It is important to note the uses and functionality of the badge. It can be used for a number of purposes- dress, duty wear, commemorative etc. In case of duty you might want a badge or symbol that could be recognized quite easily or it could also serve as an easily recognizable proof of authority. Never forget to consider the size, weight and the durability factors of the badge. If you are an undercover agent or belong to the SWAT then you deserve a finish like a gun metal or a black. A flat badge would go inside your wallet.
- Style- Badge manufacturers will never get tired of displaying badges in front of you. They have over a thousand badge styles for you to choose from. From your part you can browse through a website and make note of the badge style numbers that you like. While going the custom route, never forget to save a high-resolution picture of the image or design element that you would want to include in your badge design. For example, if the picture is of a landmark or a building then take the picture of the angle that you would like it to appear on your badge with the most minimal number of obstructions possible.
- Quantity- A very essential thing about ordering is the quantity. For large quantities of orders, the manufacturers would add a week or so to the manufacturing time. Some of them might even occur at a discount when you order in large quantities.
- Finish- Finish is much more than just the colour of your badge as it helps you to determine the cost, authority and the durability. In some departments the higher ranks usually get the gold finish colour and in lower ranks the silver finish colour. Like jewelleries, finish is an ever-important concept when it comes to badges. The level of durability also differs according to the finishes. A uniform durability does not need to factor in as it would with the original durability.
All these factors play a huge role in determining how attractive your custom badge reel would be. Also finding the right manufacturer is important.