Whether a home studio is for anchors or correspondents, the need to communicate with TV station control rooms and studios is essential. Runtv365 Party line provides high-quality Interruptible Fold back (IFB) and intercom-like connections in real time over an Internet connection with HD quality video return.
A small audio mixer between the output of the computer used to establish the Party line connection and the earpiece worn by the anchor provides control, level equalization, filtering and other controls over the IFB audio level as well as the microphone being used.
A small microphone worn on the collar is often used. Wired and wireless alternatives are available. Once again, wireless microphones and receivers are a challenge for anchors at home.
If you use Runtv365 Anywhere on your smartphone to 해외스포츠중계 live from your home studio to a station, you need to input the microphone audio to your smartphone through a mixer. An XLR adapter to a 3.5mm plug helps, but remembers that some newer smartphone models remove the 3.5mm port, requiring a different solution.
Another important piece of the technology puzzle is accessing the broadcaster’s newsroom computer system via the Internet and virtual private networks. This connection provides access to wire line services, scripting tools, video editing, and even footage stored in the facility’s MAM used to create news stories. It will also allow remote anchors to submit finished stories to be inserted into newscast rundowns.
Meteorologists who create weather forecasts at home require a variety of specialized skills. However, an interesting account of the eminent meteorologist who set up a home studio during COVID-19 can be found here.
Tips for broadcasting from home
- Always run tests before broadcasting to make sure everything works correctly and you get the results you want.
- Check your internet connection and cellular signal, make sure no other users at home are downloading or stealing your bandwidth, and you have the best possible connection.
- Make sure the background is appropriate and not distracting, or use a TV with a still image as the background
- When broadcasting, do not allow other people to interrupt or distract your attention from outside sounds.
- If possible, ask someone else to be your production assistant. This person can set everything up when recording; check the signal and picture quality, etc.
- Leverage the knowledge of specialists elsewhere. Even if you’re not together in your home studio, you can set up a remote video feed to see what users are doing and give you an overview.
- If you need advice on a solution for your home studio setup, our team is available 24 hours a day using the contact details here.