In the Information Technology industry, when we discuss networking, there is rarely any chance that anyone can miss the Ethernet LAN Cable. No matter how much advancement this field has seen, it is still irreplaceable and the most popular part of networking.
If you want to set up your LAN network for your home office or any personal purpose, then make sure, you are buying the best and most compatible thing in the market. Whether you are buying the Ethernet LAN cable online or offline, there are certain things that will ensure your purchase.
If you are completely new to this arena of buy hdmi cable installation, then you must be wondering how to differentiate from a good and bad cable. Well, here is your ultimate guide that will resolve all of the questions.
Before divulging into the characteristics of the Ethernet cable, you have to keep in mind that the price is one of the most important factors to understand the quality of the 3.mm to rca cable. You have to keep in mind that the cheap cable cannot guarantee your high-quality performance. If you check the online e-commerce sites, you will find that people often complain about the quality of the cheap Ethernet cable. Problems like poor connection, slow data speed, and detached connectors are reported by the customers.
So, make sure, you have to make a high-quality purchase that will save you from harassment and extra expenditure in the future as well. Apart from that, here are 5 factors that you should keep in mind while purchasing for the Ethernet LAN Cable.
- Check the UL markings on the Casing: The standard UL marking is a sign of quality. The Underwriters Laboratory (UL) is the universal non-profit organization that looks after the testing, auditing, and certification of the cable for public safety. The UL mark denotes that the cable has gone through the test and ensures better service.
- Check For The Plenum rating: The Cable’s Plenum rating is another important factor that you must check. This rating indicates the special low-flame, low-smoke insulation process, especially for the air handling space installation. It is actually a fire-retardant coating that reduces the scope of air contact and ignition of the heated internal part of the cable.
- Check for Copper or Copper Clad Aluminum: Many manufacturers of the Ethernet LAN Cable cut the cost by using the copper clad aluminum wire in place of pure copper wire. As a result, the quality of the transmission hugely affects as the copper clad aluminum can 65% efficiency of the original one.
- Check The TIA and IEC Standards: The Telecommunication Industry Association (TIA) has set a standard for telecom products and services in commercial building focused on structured cabling. If a cable adheres to all the standards, then you can get the guarantee that it is durable and high quality. Along with it, there is the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) that has its own set of guidelines to protect the consumer.
- Check the place to Buy: Always go to authenticate shops or websites to buy the products. If you are buying the cable online, try to do the purchase from the company website. Make sure that you are spending money on the original product only.