My Comfast WiFi Extender is Not Showing Up. What to Do?
After successfully completing the Comfast extender setup, one needs to access its network to enjoy unlimited WiFi services. But, can there be something more painful than the extender’s network name not appearing in the network list? Of course not! In light of the same situation, we’ve penned down this write-up. Here, we’ve tried to mention the techniques that can be implemented if the Comfast WiFi extender is not showing up in the network list. However, before that, we want you to get familiar with the potential causes behind the issue. Learning them will make it easy for you to troubleshoot the issue. Read on.
Why is Your Comfast WiFi Extender Not Showing Up?
A lot of reasons can force your Comfast extender not to show up on the network list. But, the primary cause behind this issue is the overcoming of the extender’s performance by technical bugs. The emergence of technical bugs in the networking realm is a common thing. But, you must not ignore them as they tend to cause potential damage to your WiFi devices.
In an attempt to fix technical glitches, you are suggested to give a fresh start to your range extender. By the term fresh start, we are advising you to power cycle the extender. So, power down your range extender and remove it from the wall socket. After you feel that enough time has been given to your WiFi device to revive its performance, consider powering it up.
If even after power cycling the extender, you are unable to see its network name on the WiFi list; other reasons might be the culprit behind the problem. Here they are:
- You are too far from your range extender.
- WiFi interference is not allowing your extender’s network name to appear on the WiFi list.
- The firmware version on which your range extender is operating has become outdated.
Keeping the aforementioned reasons in mind, let’s move ahead and try to resolve the problem you are facing with your Comfast range extender. We would like to tell you that you might need to implement more than one hack to fix the issue forever. Therefore, don’t get disheartened if the issue troubles you after trying the first hack.
Fixed: Comfast WiFi Extender is Not Showing Up
- First of all, get closer to your range extender. There is a high possibility that you’re trying to access the network of your extender outside its range. In other words, you are not present in the boundary line of the signals emitted by your Comfast extender. Once you get closer, see if the issue bids adieu or not. If not, then you are free to take the assistance of the next hack.
- Remove all the factors causing WiFi interference from the surrounding of your wireless extender. Objects like mirrors and fish tanks tend to reflect or absorb the WiFi signals emitted by any networking device. That is why experts suggest keeping WiFi routers and extenders away from them. Besides, place your Comfast extender away from microwaves, televisions, baby monitors, Bluetooth gadgets, etc.
- Consider installing the latest version of the firmware on your extender if you are still struggling with the Comfast WiFi extender is not showing up problem. However, we emphasize creating wired connections between your devices to carry out the firmware upgrade procedure. Besides, be sure that you do not upload the incorrect firmware file on the range extender. Moreover, avoid interrupting the process by switching tabs and powering off the extender.
The Comfast WiFi extender is not showing up issue can arise due to plenty of reasons. Considering we’ve tried to mention all of them here, we are hopeful that you’re well aware of them. Not only this, but you also learned how reducing your gap from the extender, removing WiFi interference, and upgrading the firmware will help you out.
But, what if none of the hacks mentioned here works in your favor? In that case, you must pull out the final card of resetting the extender and reconfiguring it. For this, press the Reset button on the extender and reconfigure it as soon as you notice it running in the default factory mode.